Pharmacy is the science of preparing and dispensing medical drugs. The study of pharmacy involves chemistry and pharmaceutics, among other specialist topics. A pharmacist is a licensed healthcare professional who specialises in providing information about different medication and methods of treatment to patients. They have well-informed knowledge of all kinds of medicines, what they are used for and their side effects. Also sometimes called a chemist, a pharmacist usually works in a pharmacy and can recommend over-the-counter medicines as well as dispensing treatments or drugs prescribed by a general practitioner. There are multiple types of pharmacists, including community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists.
Why study a pharmacy degree in LCIT School of Pharmacy?
- Treat and prevent disease: You may want to study pharmacy if you have a desire to help people through your work. As a pharmacist, you will be at the forefront of the treatment and prevention of disease in society. This is an aspect of the job that is universal, which means the skills developed during a pharmacy degree can be utilised anywhere in the world.
- Gain patient-centred responsibilities: This profession is very patient-focused, as you are likely to be the first person a patient will see for information on their illness. Pharmacists are often recommended to provide medical advice if a patient’s symptoms are not severe, meaning that they should be able to assess a patient’s needs and address them attentively.
- Scientific research and development opportunities: If you wish to become a pharmacist, you’ll also have the option to undertake scientific research and development opportunities in the workplace, which can further expand your career options and introduce variety into your role. It is worth considering that universities and research institutions also directly recruit pharmacy graduates, if this type of work is in your interest.
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills: In a career of this nature you will be constantly learning and improving your understanding of medicine and how to better assess and treat illnesses. Additional specialist skills you will gain include effective, professional communication, the operation of pharmaceutical instrumentation and knowledge of the law and ethical concerns relating to the supply of medicines.
- Job stability: As a pharmacy graduate, you will also benefit from job security, as the skills learned in a pharmacy degree are specialised and pharmacist expertise are required globally. In 2019, it was reported that 98% of pharmacy students were in employment within six months of graduating from their degree (Prospects).
- Flexible career options: Qualifying in pharmacy can lead to a variety of job roles, which often offer good professional progression. Alternatively to becoming a pharmacist, you could use your knowledge of medicine to become a research scientist, medical science liaison, pharmacologist, or toxicologist, among other professions.
- Access different industries: As well as different job roles, there are also a variety of fields you can enter with a degree in pharmacy. The majority of graduates do become health professionals, as the study is designed for that type of work, but many pharmacy students also go into business, sales and financial roles or find work in the childcare, health and education industries.
- Science and maths-focused studies: A degree in pharmacy incorporates maths and science, specifically biology and chemistry. If you have an interest or excel in these subjects, you will likely enjoy studying pharmacy at university, as you will be able to develop your numeracy and problem-solving skills to employ them in a practical way.
Reasons to study pharmacy at LCIT School of Pharmacy
LCIT School of Pharmacy, Bilaspur, has a vision of creating dynamic pharmacy professionals through world-class training and practical knowledge. And we forward this vision through all our advanced programs including B. Pharm. degree program, along with D. Pharm. The college offers a unique pedagogy with a perfect blend of theoretical and practical knowledge. It boasts of an excellent placement that facilitates a smooth transition of students into the professional world. Another key feature of the institute is its distinguished and experienced faculty. The faculty members are instrumental in sculpting winning careers for students. With some world-class facilities like state-of-art infrastructure, well equipped ultramodern laboratory, spacious ICT enabled classrooms, enriched conventional and digital library, LCIT School of Pharmacy, Bilaspur, Top Pharmacy College in Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh) is all set to create dynamic healthcare professionals for the global market. For additional information about the program along with courses offered, admission process, fee structure, etc. You can also fill up an online form to get all the additional details. So, what are you waiting for? Register now and build your successful career in Pharmacy!
LCIT School Of Pharmacy
Near High Cout, Raipur Road
Contact No.: (+91) 7440217555(Office), 8602277995
Web URL: https://www.lcitsop.edu.in
© Copyright 2021 LCIT Bilaspur. All rights reserved.