Bachelor of Pharmacy (Undergraduate)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) is a four-year undergraduate program in which students study the methods and process of preparing drugs and how does the dispensing of medicine and drugs take place. Anyone who aspires to be a pharmacist today, it is mandatory for them to undertake this course so that they have thorough and in-depth knowledge of the science of the medicine.
It is a four-year-long course and is mainly divided into 6-8 semesters, depending upon the coursework and practical sessions. B.Pharma imparts useful knowledge about biochemical science and healthcare business. Students during their coursework have to perform various practical's and experiment.
The regulatory body for the program is Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), which is responsible for laying down all norms and regulations for the B.Pharma course. The course enables candidates to practice the profession of a Pharmacist after graduation. B.Pharmacy degree has a lot of scope and is going to flourish more in the coming years as there is a great demand for healthcare professionals who can prepare drugs to battle a number of diseases and deficiencies.
Exam Type: Semester Wise.
Duration : 4 years
Diploma In Pharmacy (Diploma)
Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2 years long career-oriented, entry-level diploma course. Students who wish to pursue a long term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, starting in entry-level positions are suitable for this course.
This program is designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields. Candidates can also pursue MBA Pharmaceutical Management after this course, though they would need to complete their bachelors first.
Eligibility: Passed Class 12 in a relevant stream from a recognized board. Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Duration: 2 years
D. Pharm. Elegibility Criteria
Students who wish to pursue a Diploma in Pharmacy course must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- 10% relaxation in marks will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled, and other categories.
What are the Future Scope of D. Pharm. ?
The Diploma in Pharmacy program is gaining popularity nowadays and offers diverse career opportunities. This further affirms the immense popularity of the course among students. The most popular choices of education on completion of a Diploma in Pharmacy as follows.
- B. Pharma: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a B. Pharma. It is a three-year course and the eligibility criteria include passing Class 12 in relevant streams.
- PGD: A large number of Diploma holders choose to go for the PGD in Pharmaceutical Management course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that Diploma holders can go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs in this sector are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
What are Job prospects and career options after D. Pharm.?
- A wide range of careers await those who have completed Diploma in Pharmacy course in both the private and public sectors.
- There are a large number of job opportunities for students in this field. Pharmacy Diploma holders are hired in many different sectors of the industry such as Health centers, pharmaceuticals firms, chemist shops, research agencies, hospitals etc.
- Fresh Diploma holders of this course can easily expect an initial salary of INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000 per year. The salary offered is proportional to the experience earned in the field. The salary offered increases with increase in the experience in the field.
Pharmacist, Scientific Officer, Production Executive, Medical Transcriptionist.
LCIT School Of Pharmacy
Near High Cout, Raipur Road
Contact No.: (+91) 7440217555(Office), 8602277995
Web URL: https://www.lcitsop.edu.in
© Copyright 2021 LCIT Bilaspur. All rights reserved.